Many people suffer from tooth-related problems. Tooth loss has become a common dental problem. Various reasons cause tooth loss such as tooth decay, periodontal disease, injuries, etc. Earlier, dentures and bridges were the only options available for treating missing tooth issues. However, with the advancement in technology, today we have another amazing option called dental implant surgery. Dental implants are safer than dentures and bridges. You will find various dental clinic in Rancho Penasquitos that performs dental implant surgery.
If you are planning to implant your tooth too and looking for a good dental clinic, then you must check out Hekmat Dental Care. It is the best Rancho Bernardo dental clinic with a handpicked professional staff of Dr. Reza Hekmat.
This Rancho Bernardo dentistry has a loving and caring atmosphere with a hygienic surrounding. With friendly staff and comfortable environment, you receive the best solutions. If you have any queries or want to book an appointment, then contact them via phone call or email.
What You Should Know Before Undergoing Dental Implant Surgery:
- Dental implant meaning:
Dental implant surgery is a method of replacing a missing tooth. It is generally a titanium fixture, which the dentist inserts into your jawbone. Once inserted, the dentist attaches either a fixed bridge, a single crown (cap), a full denture, or a partial denture. Further, the dentist attaches an abutment on the top of the implant and then places an artificial tooth.
- When should you go for dental implant surgery:
Generally, the dentist goes for dental implant surgery under the following circumstances:
- Replacing an individual missing tooth
- Replacing multiple teeth
- For pleasing and natural appearance of the teeth
- For the safety of your teeth
- If you are facing difficulty while eating or speaking
- How safe are dental implants?
Another important thing that you need to know before undergoing dental implant surgery is to understand how safe it is. A highly trained professional dentist performs implant surgery and has a success rate of up to 98%.
- How much time does the dental implant take?
The timeline of dental implant surgery depends upon the below factors:
- Your dental health history
- Number of teeth to implant
- If the procedure includes tooth extraction before the implant or not
- Benefits of dental implant surgery:
Below mentioned are a few advantages of dental implants:
- Dental implants help in improving your appearance.
- They help in boosting your confidence.
- Dental implants last for lifelong
- No more stress about the damage to your teeth
- They help in improving your eating ability as you can eat any food you like.
- Are there any demerits of dental implant surgery?
Dental implants require proper care post-surgery. If you do not adhere to the instructions given by the dentist after the surgery, then there are high chances you may develop infection, pain, and inflammation. However, such side effects are rare.
- Food to consume after dental implant surgery:
Make sure to consume smooth and soft food after dental surgery, like:
- Cooked cereals
- Mashed potatoes
- Ice cream
- Protein shakes
Therefore, one must know these basic factors before going for dental implants. Further, book your appointment now with one of the best family dentistry in Rancho Bernardo and Escondido areas, Hekmat Dental Care.